Monday, May 26, 2008

remembering

We enjoyed an amazing weekend with family,
watching parades, eating lots of food and taking
in the gorgeous weather.

Although it was a really laid back, lovely, lazy
weekend, we had lots of things going on.

Al visited with us for a few days....always a good
time to see him and for him to spend time with the kids.

Paid a visit to the cemetery and planted flowers at my Dad's grave. The cemetery looks so beautiful, there are the flags on the veteran's graves (Dad's included), meticulously manicured flower beds and ornate religious statues that scatter all over the grounds....for me, it is such a peaceful place to visit.

We went to a cookout for Kyle's 11th birthday.....I can't believe that he is already 11 years old! It was so nice to see my aunts and cousins, the kids all played well together and the food was yummy.....it was a fun afternoon.

We spent the majority of the time in the yard, playing with the kids, soaking in the sun and tending to the gardens. I am working really hard at getting the grass to fill in and it is working out, so I also spent time seeding and watering the grass. I love watering the grass, it is such a stress reliever. Chris set up the pool and with John's help, managed to construct a gate and new section of fence to keep the pool area fenced off from the rest of the yard.

I really relished every minute of this Memorial Day weekend, but I have to say that the best part about the weekend was eating all of our meals outside on the deck.....summer is on its way!

No comments: