Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Busted

The girls and I were out and about doing some random errands yesterday afternoon.
They were strapped in their car seats, reporting everything we passed (insisting that I confirm and repeat everything that they say) while the warm wind was blowing their hair and they were giggling at each other. I was thinking about whether to go to the bank or get gas first between validating that I also see the green trees, red cars and big houses.... and then he came out pointing.
Making eye contact, he pointed the radar thingy and waved me to pull over....I was the completely oblivious recipient of a speed trap, along with the truck in front of me.
Besides being so embarrassed that I was sitting in my minivan (in need of a car wash) with my 2 girls, clearly pulled over for speeding, I also had to explain to the girls why we have to drive slow or the police will stop us and tell us to slow down (the 4 year old version).
The worst part of all of this is that I am the slowest driver ever and I hate to make left hand turns, I seriously drive like a memere' (pathetic, I know).
So it was kind of ironic that I got stopped for speeding.
Although the (NA) officer was very nice and explained to me that I was traveling a 43 miles per hour in a 30 zone which would be a $130.00 ticket and let me off with a warning.

I didn't even have to drop any names.....ahem.....Officer McQuade.

No comments: