Friday, May 2, 2008

I heart new crayons!


Avery and I had a blast making big heart crayons out of old broken crayon bits. Such a great project, she enjoyed picking the colors and making cool shapes and I was able to clear out the crayon bin in a green fashion!



~broken crayons

~kitchen knife

~cutting board

~cupcake molds



directions

~preheat oven at 175
~cut or break up crayons~fill molds with crayons
~cook 15-20 minutes until melted
~chill in fridge until hardened
~pop out and color!!


4 comments:

Shannon said...

So cute! We did this once with round muffin tins but I like your heart ones better. Where did you get those molds? Are they the silicone ones?

Shannon said...

And BTW leave it to you to have all the colors coordinated! :) When I did it, we had every color mixed in together! My sister and I were wondering if there is anything your not good at! :)

Reanna said...

Oh thanks guys!

I did use the silicone cupcake molds....I am definately not good at baking, so I figured that they would make cute crayons.

I manage to mess up the easist box recipes, nevermind baking from scratch :)

Shannon said...

Ok well I can bake so I feel better now!