Sunday, May 4, 2008

back form beantown


Chris and I spent the weekend (a guiltless, child-free weekend) in Boston while the kids spent a couple of days being spoiled by Grandma and Gramps.
It was a late anniversary/ Chris' birthday weekend that we planned with Al and Georgia, it was a great time!
We arrived in Boston on Friday night in time to drop off the bags, grab dinner, consume a lot of adult beverages and stay through last call. Knowing that I had a lack of child restrictions for the weekend, my long lost-party-girl-alter-ego made an appearance.....she comes out every now and then for a good time! I can say with confidence, the quartet that was in attendance at our table, was collectively tipsy......as the drinks were flowing way too smooth.
We spent our evening at Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant which is connected to the Club Quarters hotel, where we stayed, so it was all too easy for us!

Of course the weather was less than perfect, but that allowed for me to sleep late, in a quiet, comfy, darkened hotel room and completely relax.....plus I overindulged the night before and needed to take it slow. I have to admit that I wasn't too upset that the weather was raw because I don't have too many opportunities to hang out and do nothing with Chris, watch some non-cartoon TV, take a long shower, eat in peace and take my time while doing my hair and makeup....I needed the downtime.

We eventually hit Faneuil Hall for dinner and some shopping.
We made sure to eat at Ned Devine's Irish Pub, yummy food and great atmosphere.
A quick stop (with the less than thrilled boys) to the Crocs store to get some things for the kids..... omg, I have not seen so many crocs in my life, it was a plethora of all things crocs!
DJ did get new crocs too, he wasn't around for the photo-op.

I love to watch the street performers and to people watch, it is such a diverse place full of tourists, families, college students and locals of all ages. We have taken Avery and DJ to Boston before Emmy was born, I really need to plan a day trip to Faneuil Hall with all of us.

After dinner we walked over to The Green Dragon, grabbed a table and hung out for the night.
It was quite an entertaining evening, the Freeze Pops performed live after the longest sound check evah and their fans were dancing like crazy.....loved it!

Got back to the hotel slept like a rock, I love when Avery sleeps with us, but it is a treat to have room to sprawl out and sleep. We got up and out of Boston by 9:30, stopped for breakfast and got home by 11:00.
I loved having 39.5 hours of uninterrupted, kid free, adult time with my husband, and hang out with Al and Georgia, but I was so ready to get home and see the kids and hear about what they did this weekend.
They were so excited when we got home, we were so excited when we got home, it was overwhelming.....I feel like we had just enough time away!!

Back to Mommy Mode!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Paige is looking at this with me and she is excited about the crocs. She just got some new ones too so she said that they could look at each others.

Love Emmy's hair!

Reanna said...

So cute!