Wednesday, May 21, 2008

cute fuzzy things

I have been outside all morning with the girls doing the gardens and stuff.
They like to help, it takes a lot longer with their help, especially when Emmy pulls out the perennials that I have just planted and happily brings them to me with so much pride, but such is life.
So, I decided to try and experiment with my moss garden, I am doing the slurry as well as harvesting/transplanting moss from the shady parts of the yard.
Today, I planted between the pavers in 2 gardens and will also spread the mixture later today....hopefully one or both methods will work out. I'll keep you posted on the results.

While I was getting the garden groove going, Avery found a caterpillar and decided to make it her pet. She told me that she loves it and wants to bring it to bed with her.....gross.
So, she is skipping around and singing to her pet and brings it over to me to show me.......she put it on my leg and the poor thing didn't move, she was holding it in the middle of its body by her finger and thumb and squished it (unintentionally). She told me it was sleeping and I couldn't tell her she killed the thing. So, now we are in the house and she is still carrying around this dead, limp caterpillar.....eagerly waiting to show Daddy when he gets home......be nice Chris!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh boy! And I just noticed you changed one of the pictures on your page - I laughed when I saw it. You've got it bad!

Reanna said...

DJ thinks I am crazy!!