Tuesday, January 29, 2008

separation anxiety

My baby girl loves me and I love her so much, but it is getting exhausting. She is almost 2 years old and there is not a moment in the day that I can be out of her sight for any reason. I try to slip beneath her radar to do something fun like grab a load of laundry, clear out the dishwasher or brush my teeth and she freaks. She screams full strength, her face beet red and tears flowing.....this is without an anticipatory buildup of course. I know that she just wants me to comfort her (which I do) and feel secure ....I get it....but it gets rough for both of us at times.
So my day has many moments of racing against Emmy's need to be with me incessantly and getting the basics done. I do include her in many of the tasks and I spend hours playing with and entertaining her and her sister.....but is it too much to want to blow through a couple of chores without a toddler clinging to my leg?!
Nothing seems to break her concentration on me, not her sister, not her brother, not her Daddy.......hell, even the TV fails to divert her awareness of my whereabouts, she is an unwavering little bean!
I though this would get easier......yeah, not happening.

This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass.........


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it will pass and you'll probably be sad when it does. She loves her Mama!