Sunday, January 27, 2008

Faith

I truly believe that we are never far from our loved ones who have passed, I believe that their spirits stay close and we are either open or closed to the notion of communication.
Faith is strong if you trust in it.....to some it is an enigma.....I simply believe.
In stating that, I want to share a strange occurrence that I experienced.......
Friday night, I was getting Emmy ready for bed and playing with her in her room when a familiar scent passed by me, it was my Memere's perfume......she has been gone for 3 years. It was a concentrated, not subtle aroma that passed by me, and I immediately recognized the scent.
Initially, I was confused and looked to see if there was something that would have produced the smell and there was nothing, nothing.
I tried to make sense of it, but my belief is that she was there at that moment, letting me know that she is with me.
The smell of the perfume did not linger in the room, it did not diffuse away, it was just gone after a few seconds....but I felt peace knowing that she was there.

No comments: