Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

You have been gone for 28 years but not a day passes that I do not think of you and talk to you.
I feel your guidance with me and see your spirit in my children.
I know that you have led people into our lives to take care of Mom, Al and me........I am so grateful for the life I have and I know that you are proud of who we are.
I have so many wonderful, vivid memories of you, but selfishly, I wish I had more.
I wish my children could know you, they share the same creativeness that you have passed on to me.
I wish my husband could know you and not of you.
I wish that you could know Al and I as adults, not children.
I wish many things, but I know that there is a reason for everything that happens in our lives.
Today, you are 58 years old and although I had only 7 years with you as my Dad, I am blessed to have you spiritually connected to me indefinitely.
You are my angel looking over me....this I know.



So today I think of you as I do every day....Happy Birthday Dad!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Dad. I'm glad you shared it. I don't know why but I think I thought you were younger when he died. You were seven so you must have some very vivid memories of him. Also I didn't realize how much Al looked like him!

Tracey said...

Okay, I'm crying at work.

Reanna said...

Not meant to be "sappy"...just wanted to ackowledge the day. Thanks for reading ladies!

Tracey said...

Not sappy at all...extremely touching!

remiroll said...

wow. very nice. you are good with words.