Monday, January 7, 2008

New things...

So, with some of us trying to "hide" veggies in foods that one wouldn't expect veggies to be....I want to join the efforts.
I have placed my order on Amazon and await the arrival of my copy of "The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids Favorite Meals" by Missy Chase Lapine...I figured I could trade recipes with some of the Moms reading "Deceptively Delicious" byJessica Seinfeld.
I tried improvising a little and made blueberry muffins (prepackaged)....but I added lots of fresh blueberries and pureed butternut squash and the girls loved them!
I made a lot of squash, so I added some to DJ's mac and cheese (a favorite SNACK for a 13 year old!) and he had no clue...passed that test!




I have to report that last night I made a garlic, chicken, pasta and broccoli dish and added tons of mushrooms to my red sauce.....I NEVER cook with or eat mushrooms, but I resolved to try new things, so I did it!
It was good, I am still not a huge mushroom fan, but I ate the meal and may attempt it again with hopes of acquiring a taste. Maybe if I dice them smaller......

I picked up an artichoke at the market.....any ideas how to prepare or incorporate this into a meal??


Off to google it.....

No comments: