Friday, January 25, 2008

A Multitasking Mom's Observations


4 year olds never, ever stop talking......neverrrrrrrrrrrr.

Almost 2 year olds have the ability to produce deafening sounds regardless of the basis.

One teenager requires more attention than a 4 year old and almost 2 year old.....together.

I have completely surrendered to the fact that I no longer have any personal space.

An almost 2 year old is capable of peeling off large strips of time-consumed, meticulously applied wallpaper, while this multitasking Mom thought child was napping quite nicely.

Never trust a calm, quiet moment....especially if the location of the children is questionable.

Laundry is an infection and I am the antibiotic......daily........forever.

Little kids are sooooooooo very bossy.

I can love, love, love these small people and at the same time want to auction them off on eBay.......

Goldfish and Cheerios laying dormant for months under the couch, (as they have eluded the the Dirty Dyson) to be found by an almost 2 year old, seem to be appetizing and luckily, not harmful to consume.

What takes me hours to clean and organise, takes the small people in my home minutes to happily conquer and destroy.

Children eat and poop nonstop.

Teenage boys eat every, single, thing in the house....I swear, even socks.

Sleeping in to 8:30 a.m. is a decadent luxury that is afforded to me by my loving husband, who is kind enough to sacrifice Sunday morning sleep.......which he does without any complaints.

My calendar is my lifeline.

I hate 5 pm.....witching hour.

I love 6:30-7pm....little ones' bedtimes.

I melt into a puddle after 8pm and become one with a blanket, the couch and mindless reality T.V.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was laughing at this one! And here I thought teenage boys were easy!

Reanna said...

Wait,you'll see.......but Paige will give you a run too!!!!!