Tuesday, January 22, 2008

girlie things


I am a girlie girl, I can totally admit it.
I so relish doing my nails, dressing up cute and the smell of yummy perfume.....
but I utterly adore my makeup.
I love it.....all of it, from the products to brushes to the actual application......love it!
In my pursuit of all things cute, I am in no way trying to cover my inner beauty......no, no, no! On the contrary, I am bringing out my inner princess, who is happiest with her fruity tasting lip gloss applied fresh throughout the day.

I am not ready for the day until hair and makeup are done and I do have it down to record time, it never interferes with the morning madness.....go figure!

Its funny because I have had these tendencies since I was very young....and NO, my mother had no influence, she was a natural, hippie chick who remains to be a "minimal makeup wearer," for special occasions of course.
For some reason, I have had this creative thing going and I would express myself by wearing my dance costumes (paired with my regular clothes) as an everyday outfit, create crazy hairstyles and play with makeup that I had to BEG my mom to buy for me.....which she did......again, go figure!! But I have always loved creatively expressing myself through my appearance, I am fortunate that I wasn't stumped by my mother for our fashion contrasts.

So, my love of sparkles, the color pink and lip gloss is falling to my girls, who just seem to love this stuff! When I am getting ready in the a.m., they too like to play with the makeup, they smear lip gloss on their faces and work the eyeliner in ways that I have not seen before....it can get pretty ugly, but its fun. I can't help but have fun with them!
I am pretty sure that they will hate sparkly pink things at some point in their lives, so for now I embrace this stage.....the stage in which I never grew out of.......but did I mention that there was a time that DJ wanted me to paint his nails and I had to track down my tall boots from him on a few occasions. Thankfully, he has grown out of that stage.....I love those boots, I don't want to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always think of you as so glamrous!
Funny about DJ!

Reanna said...

I think DJ is glamorous!!