Friday, January 11, 2008

Junkity, Junky, Junk-Drawer

Does everyone have a junk drawer??
I do and I HATE it!
Seriously, how does every insignificant scrap of a Happy Meal toy find its way into this cluttered receptacle of remnants?
What is the purpose of saving sample packs of everything, things that should be trashed from the start because they will be thrown into and forgotten about in this infinite pit of random stuff?
There are various liquids that have oozed and solidified at the back of the drawer, bonding together whatever unlucky loose ends have been pushed back to make room for the new junk.....there are things in there that have not seen light in months.
Broken crayons, pieces of toys, loose change, dead batteries, scraps of paper, hair things, like 5 half used tubes of butt cream....you see where I am going.....none of these objects need to be in this drawer claiming space.

This drawer is simply a place of limbo for odds and ends....

OK, I am off to chuck it all in the trash and try and get some control over this rebellious little drawer of mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes we have one too! I remember the day we were moving into our house, my sister asked for something and I said its in the junk drawer. She said "I thought junk drawers built up over time - I don't think your supposed to start out with one". She's probably right because now ours is like yours - just endless stuff that I don't know what to do with.

Reanna said...

I REALLY just chucked 95% of its contents, I am hoping to keep it under control....time will tell!