Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday DJ

July 31, 1994

14 years ago, I welcomed my first child, my only son, Darien Jaimes Young to this world.

A healthy, beautiful baby boy weighing 7 pounds and 11 ounces, with huge brown eyes and dark hair.

Simply perfect in every way.
















Dear DJ,

You have been such a whole hearted pleasure to me and others around us, you are such an important piece to our family puzzle.
Simply stated, you are so smart, sensitive, hysterically funny without effort, brilliantly creative, and so much more.

Things have been challenging for you at times, but you have been and are working so hard to help yourself through the rough patches and to learn coping strategies.....I am so proud of you for all that you have accomplished this year.
Its awesome to experience life with you and to watch you grow into an amazing young man.
You are so very special and I am so lucky to have the privilege of being your mom.....despite all of the nagging that I do!
Happy Birthday.....I love you!
Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What a nice tribute! Happy Birthday DJ! I love the picture of him looking 'mad'. So cute!

I still can't get over that your a Mom to a teenager! You have done such an awesome job with him. I'm sure it wasn't easy the way you did it. He is such a nice kid and that is definitely from your influence.
Shannon

Reanna said...

thanks Shannon.....he is a really great kid!

Tracey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DJ!!!!!!