Wednesday, March 19, 2008

stuck inside with quasi-sick kids....

This cold, wet, raw weather is the pits, which is only amplified when you are stuck indoors with miserable children. It is not their fault that they feel yucky from the cold that has finally started making its way out of the house (yeah!!), but it is still harsh on all parties involved.
I am trying my best to keep them happy, but its not easy, one is whining, the other is crying....once I get that situation under semi-control, they shift to yelling and fighting....its fun.

Yesterday, I thought it would be good for us to get out to the library for our playgroup, like I said, no fevers or coughing, just misery. It was definitely not a good idea. The girls were happy to be out, but they both were in rare form and it was not one of their better days to say the least.
Note to self: Do not expect unwell children to not be out of sorts in a stimulating environment, defer all such activities until fully recovered.

I think that I pushed it with Emmy because later in the afternoon, she had that look of confusion on her face and proceeded to vomit up her lunch, she followed up with some more emissions, which is always unsettling for me. With the help of frozen ice pops and some mama & daddy love, she was OK. She was up and down throughout the night, its been a while since I have had a night like that, but she needed the comfort.
Today she has held everything down........good stuff!

So, here I am today, feeling tired and stuck in with cranky kids.....although on the positive side, they are on the mend.
I do have Bella here with us, so I wouldn't be venturing out anyway, but its going to be a very long day nonetheless!!

No comments: