Monday, December 17, 2007

The Weekend Report

The weekend is over, went by sooooo fast, it always does.
Saturday, the salon was super-crazy-busy.
I was booked solid for the upcoming holidays, then I had to fit in cancellations due to Thursday's storm....it was a mess. It amazes me how important a haircut is to some people when a holiday comes around, these same individuals could care less how they look any other time......but I guess that is good for me, right? Got through the day sans a lunch break.....I know, I am so dedicated to my job, I amaze myself as well.
So, I finally left the salon late, got gas, grabbed dinner for the girlies (DJ was with Corey), and went home.
Chris was feeling crappy all day and looked pretty beat.

We had made arrangements for my parents to watch the girls while we went to the Yankee Swap at the Roblen Drive Compound......aka Festivus 2007......but Chris wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home and I went solo.
Good times were had by all at the party......Christmas music filled the air, the Christmas tree looked spectacular, holiday cocktails flowed, fun Spankee Swap gifts, good friends and yummy la-sag-na!! Thankfully, I was able to avoid the flu that hit a couple of the party guests.
Because of the weather concerns and lack of husband to drive me home, I was not drunk and I was home at a respectable time.....which led me to a hangover-free morning!

Sunday, we all had a lazy day around the house, Chris was feeling much better after a a day of taking it easy and going to bed early.
We got Avery bundled up and she played in the snow while the driveway was being cleared.....she had a blast!
Later that night, I headed out to the mall with my Mom, I helped her pick out a few things for myself and Chris. It was nice to get out and the mall was not busy at all......
Had a good weekend, house is a mess, laundry is piled up, recycle needs to go out in the bins, dishwasher needs to be emptied........so, now its time to get things in order for the upcoming week!

No comments: