Thursday, December 6, 2007

ohh the pain!!!

I had an absolutely horrible time sleeping last night.
Why, you ask?
Well, my little, angel-baby, Avery crept in and snuggled her way into my bed..........which I don't mind at all, she is a cuddle bug and its really cute when she wakes up in the morning.
Anyway, what I did mind, was that the little bugger was a complete bed hog and took up so much room........so, as Avery and Chris were slumbering ever so comfortably......I was left with the very edge of the bed, to be specific, like 4 inches of mattress space.
Trying not to roll off the bed or onto Avery, I was turned on my side all night....trying like hell to sleep, listening to the snores and basically feeling the muscles stiffen as the minutes passed.

Finally around 6ish, I had to move from that side position.....omg, the pain was so bad!
You all know this pain.....trying to get up, there is a maneuver that you do, kind of moving with the pain, but not altering the shape that you have fossilized into. You definitely can't make any sudden head movements as this will send your body into shock from the intense pain......so when you are finally standing up straight, your head is locked into position for the day.

I went into Avery's room and tried to sleep in her twin sized Tinkerbell bed. Its just as painful to get back in bed as it is getting out. So, I forced myself to straighten out......it felt like my muscular system was ripping off of my skeletal system....

I am up for the day and feeling a bit better with my trusty, mentholated Icy Hot.....which is quite popular among the elderly folks.
Now I am off to take some Metamucil, eat some prunes and watch my stories.....

No comments: