Friday, October 10, 2008

got lists?

I am a list girl.

I need to see everything that is planned for us, what I need to conquer throughout the day, the bills that need to be paid, meal plans, pretty much everything gets put into list form. Then, as things get done, I delight in taking my pen and scratching through each completed task....such satisfaction.

So, to stay with the theme of all things "list", I have started making my Christmas gift list.
Its October, I am pretty sure that I am not alone in thinking about Christmas, at least with my fellow "list makers".
This year, I am going to have a hand made holiday.....I have challenged myself to create special gifts for my favorite people. I really enjoy the process of creating unique things and I am excited to see what I am inspired to make for each person.
I have also decided that we are cutting back on the gifts to the kids, they get way too much and it just isn't necessary. Its total overload at our house.

I came across this little saying (list) and I am going to implement it as my new Christmas motto....

  • Something They Want,
  • Something They Need,
  • Some Kind of Toy,
  • And Something to Read.
I love the simplicity.

Despite my streamlining, Santa will still make an appearance to drop off 1 gift and an obscenely large, overstuffed stocking (which I will make a list for) for each of my crazy kids.....so don't feel too sorry for them!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I love lists too. My Franklin Planner is one of my favorite things, which has many lists in it.

I have also started our Christmas list and we are scaling down with the kids this year too. Last year was way too crazy!

Reanna said...

omg shannon, with all of your activities and events, there is no way you could do it without lists!

Shannon said...

You are right about that!

Melissa Belmonte said...

I love lists, too! I keep a journal for lists and notes that I jot down, and I decided to keep it, because it's kind of fun to look back at my tasks and activities.

I like that motto for gifts with kids. I heard it as 'something they want, something they need, and something you want them to have.' Either one works! Let us know your handmade ideas: I thought of doing more handmade gifts, too.