Monday, June 2, 2008

Hello Summer,

I am anticipating your arrival, a few more weeks and you will be here.

I will be sad to see spring go, as she has had a lovely stay and I have spent so much time with her, planting, growing, playing and enjoying a delightful season outdoors relishing her presence.
She will be leaving behind blooming flowers, lush grass and charming gardens that we have worked on together with great diligence and pleasure, she will be missed.

But I am so looking forward to my favorite season, summer, to make her appearance.

We will wake early to spend our days outside, take day long adventures to our favorite summer spots, go swimming, cook and eat meals together outdoors, relish lazy afternoons in the sun, appreciate warm rain showers and be in awe of abrupt, hurried afternoon thunderstorms that follow with enchanting rainbows.
The days are longer and relaxed with the background sounds of kids playing, birds singing, lawn mowers running and dogs barking from every direction.
The smell of freshly cut grass, fragrant flowers in full bloom, food cooking on the grill, coconut scented sunscreen and citronella bug spray fill the air.
Summer, you are magical.....
how I wish you could stay longer.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Summer's nice but my favorite are spring and fall.