Friday, February 29, 2008

Morning mess


This morning, like most mornings was a bit hectic for me. I am so not a morning person, I stay up way too late at night and totally regret it in the morning when I have to get up early with DJ. I have to keep him on task with the morning routine until he goes out to catch the bus at 7:12 am, which is difficult for me because it takes me a long time to wake up and have a clear head.....but we all manage.
So, back to this morning, DJ let Annabelle out to do her morning thing and he ran upstairs to take a shower. I didn't know that he put her out until I realized that she wasn't around.....so, I looked outside and she wasn't in the yard. She wanders, so I called for her a few times and went in to get breakfast finished up, figuring that she would come to the door. She didn't.
So, I am in and out calling for Anna and keeping pace with DJ, who by now is more than worried about her. I am trying to keep him calm and on task, very difficult to do, but he has to get to the bus stop on time.
Now, the girls are up and I am getting really worried about Anna being out in the cold, if she was hit by a car, or if an animal attacked her (she is 6 pounds), so I ask Chris to go and look for her.
He scours the yard and the pond and can't find her, now we are all feeling a little uneasy because she is not anywhere near the house.

DJ gets out to the bus and he is feeling bad about the dog, which isn't the best way for him to start the day, but I told him that I would call the school when we found her.

So, Chris and my Mom spent an hour looking for Annabelle, they drove around the neighborhoods and the streets to make sure that she wasn't hit by a car, thankfully, she wasn't.
After a while, they had to stop looking and get to work, I just felt nauseus and sad.
I called the animal control officer and left information about Annabelle, hopeful that some nice person felt bad that this tiny dog was out in the cold and took her in.....hopeful that someone would call the animal control officer.
It was all I could do, Avery kept asking why Annabelle was taking such a long walk, I just felt bad.

Trying to keep busy, I had to get ready and get things done, I put a load of laundry in, picked up the playroom and went in to make DJ's bed. I lifted his comforter and to my surprise, my little Annabelle Popped up from a nice warm, comfy sleep!
She was down in his room the whole time!
The funny thing is that DJ was down there during the chaos and Chris even scanned the rooms for her, but she was under the comforter sleeping so we didn't know.
I don't know what happened, if she even went out at all....whatever, I was happy to see that little mess of a dog!

And yes, I called DJ's school and left a message for him.....the receptionist knew all about our lost dog Annabelle, via a very distraught DJ.
So, she was very happy to hear that we found her and went into DJ's assembly to let him know the good news!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I can imagine you guys frantically looking for her and her just chilling out under the covers! Glad it ended on a happy not though.