Monday, February 25, 2008

School Break

Wow, its been a while since I have posted on my blog!
We had February vacation last week and although it is NOT my favorite of the school breaks (weather always sucks), we had a good week.
It wasn't a busy, running around with lots of things planned out of the house, vacation, but everyone got along well (for the most part) and they are still around to talk about it!
I have to admit that it is a challenge to keep a 2 year old, 4 year old and 13 year old happy together for a week.......somehow, it was accomplished.

~Arts and Crafts (tons)
~made forts out of blankets (informed me that they were shipwrecked on a deserted island)
~we cooked together
~the kids made a band with the boy's many, many instruments
~movies on the couch (cuddled up with snacks)
~lots of books
~hanging out in our pj's
~singing, dancing and craziness!!!

We got out of the house for some errands, but that was it, the rest of the time we used our creative energy and imagination at home and had fun!
It was nice to not have any of the many appointments that we usually have during the week.

I do have to say that I did not have a second to myself between keeping busy with the kids, changing Em's butt, feeding the kids, cleaning up the disasters we created (the kids helped, but I did the bulk), dishes, laundry, whatever else was going on and then work......not a break or vacation for me!! It was wayyyyyy more than my usual load of chores and on top of that, my parents spent the weekend in NJ visiting my brother.......we had their 2 crazy dogs too!

So, despite having to wake up at the butt crack of dawn again with the boy, I am relieved to get back on track with my familiar routine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice week!