Thursday, January 1, 2009

this I know....

So, here we are at the beginning of a brand new year, 2009.
I always start off with my promises to make the coming year better and to do better things for myself, family and work.....don't we all??
Yes we do.
Personally, I am so guilty of starting off strong and letting the resolutions fall by the wayside, which makes me feel like a failure, like shit actually.

A few examples:
  • lose the 10 pounds
  • save more money
  • watch less TV
  • eat all organic
  • potty train Emmy
  • less time on the computer
  • volunteer my time
  • be better organized
  • exercise more
  • much more patience
Although, I can keep some of these ideals mixed into my world, its never with a natural flow that keeps it consistent.

I don't want to make empty promises to myself, and I truly love the cliches that accompany a new year.
The idea of a fresh start, a clean slate and a new beginning.
So, what is a new years resolution flawed girl to do when she can't keep the promises that she so desperately longs to keep??

I am going to live each day and do my best to keep my values in place,
  • be happy
  • nurture my family
  • love others
  • accept my imperfections
  • live life
allow myself to make mistakes, give out positive energy and things usually have a way of falling into place naturally.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: