Tuesday, September 23, 2008

loss

I am feeling tired, sluggish and just plain bad today. I am emotionally exhausted and left thinking about why things happen the way that they do. I do believe that everything happens for a reason, so I am having a great deal of difficulty trying to come to terms with Cara and Rob losing their much loved baby, Jayden.
Why, at 26 weeks along and perfectly healthy, did his heart stop? How does this happen? How is it, that a mother and a father with hopes, dreams and love for their child, have to be told that there is no heartbeat and the baby has passed? Why do they have to deliver their tiny lifeless baby who was full of life and movement the day before? How do they stay in a hospital surrounded by joyful families bringing their babies into this world as they grieve the loss of their beautiful baby Jayden?
I do not understand and will not be able to fully understand what they are truly going through, but I do know that my heart aches deeply for them.
They are a strong and loving couple that will take this journey together and will support each other through the long process of grieving as well as honoring their baby Jayden.

If tears could build a stairway
And memories a lane
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home today
No farewell words were spoken
No time to say good bye
You were gone before we knew it
And only God knows why
My heart still aches of sadness
And secret tears still flow
What it meant to lose you
No one will ever know

~Author Unknown


I just can't wrap my head around any of this....I am so completely devestated for them.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

This is awful. I too believe things happen for a reason and someday in the future they may figure out why but I'm sure its not going to make it easier on them. My heart goes out to them.