Sunday, September 14, 2008

festive

The last few rainy days have inspired me to do some cleaning, organizing and purging around the house in order to put out the fall decorations. I love to decorate for fall, which incorporates Halloween followed by Thanksgiving elements in the mix.
As soon as Thanksgiving passes (usually that night), I clean it all up and get out my Christmas decor. I love Christmas and winter decorations, the tree twinkling with lights, beautiful wreaths hanging on windows and doors, cinnamon potpourri scented rooms, quaint little, lighted villages that the kids love to play with and the deep jewel tones that I am so attracted to....I love the warmth I feel when my house is filled with Christmas! But as soon as Christmas passes, I have to pack it all up and give the house a deep clean....and it feels like a new house again.
I don't do any seasonal decorating indoors for spring and summer because I am too busy outdoors with my yard and gardens...I do lots of outdoor decorating during the warm seasons.
Anyway, as I was saying, I have started to decorate the house for fall and Halloween and it makes me feel happy! It is still a work in progress and I have to get outside and clean up the yard (when things dry up) so I can get the yard and porch decked out!


counter....

table centerpiece....


a little corner....

computer center....



bathroom....

under the TV......


top of shelves....

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Someone has a thing for pumpkins! Kidding! The house looks great.

Reanna said...

I love "punkins"....iespecially if they are "organtic".