Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What would I do without my crockpot??

I use mine a lot, it makes my life so much easier to throw together some food and let it cook while we do whatever we do for the day.
I have had my crock pot for years, use it multiple times a week and its beginning to show signs of old age.

~~non removable crock, I have to wash the whole thing, cord and all

~~there is rust around the seams because I have to submerge the entire appliance in order to clean it

~~older style with ugly, decorative vegetables all over it

~~both settings get really hot

~~unfortunately, it is time for a new one


I figure that I will have Chris and the kids grab me a new one for Mother's day, as they like that kind of thing.

I found the perfect one, I love it.....now the challenge is to make it known to Chris that I seriously want/need this!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my crockpot too. I'd love to hear any recipes you love in it. My favorites are beef stew and chicken parm. I love your Hello Kitty Crockpot - so cute but does it work well? Mine has a warm setting on it, which is nice. You definitely need a new one! I assume Chris reads your blog so I think he'll get the *hint*.

Reanna said...

I love pulled bbq chicken, turkey meatballs, chicken stew, vegi-lasagna (or w/ ground turkey/chicken) pretty much anything!
Today, I took out 3 frozen chicken breasts and poured a bottle of italian dressing and let them cook all afternoon.....so easy, so yummy!

I have been scouring the web to find where to purchase the Hello Kitty crock pot....can't find it.....I need a new one regardless!

Tracey said...

HA! I'm sure Chris will be all over it! Let's see, jewelry or household appliances! Maybe he should get you 2 crock pots! LOL

Reanna said...

I know that Uncle Bil makes his yummy-spicy-beer-pork in a slowcooker....probably not a hello kitty one!

Tracey said...

Oh yeah, here's a recipe for you gals, take a pot roast, I don't know how many pounds maybe 5, as long as it fits in your crock pot. Cover it with a jar of pepperoncinis with the stems removed (they don't taste good, salt and pepper and add a can of beer and some water if needed just to the top of the roast. Let it slow cook overnight. Once it is fully cooked you shredd it all with 2 forks and enjoy. It can get spicy depending on the peppers! Great on portuguese rolls with a slice of cheese!