Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I hate 5pm

I'm hungry.....what's for dinner?
God, I wish that I had a personal chef to whip up whatever I (or the kids) felt like eating, at any time of the day. Unfortunately, I do not have this luxury as a part of my daily routine.
Instead, I get the privilege of being head chef at Casa De McLaughlin.....along with maid, chauffeur, personal stylist, homework consultant and financial manager!

I actually don't mind cooking, it can be fun at times, but I dread creating new meals for my kids. They are stuck on what they like.....plain elbows/shells (w/butter, but they still insist that it is plain), chicken noodle soup (with the broth drained), hot dogs, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets (only from McDonald's).....I think you get it. Thankfully, they do like most fruits and veggies, which makes me feel better.
So, I have to recycle these meals over and over and make sure that they are somewhat nutritious.....seriously, it is so boring. I make the kids' dinner and then Chris and I eat something else......I'm sure that I am not the only double-meal-maker, but its getting old!
I remember having a conversation with Remily about giving the kids dinner and if they didn't eat it, we resorted to giving them oatmeal to fill their bellies.....I felt validated that she did this too!
I think that for a while, my family thought oatmeal was an entree.

Tonight the kids had chicken noodle soup, to which I added more pasta and drained the broth before serving.....who does this?! They got all of the food groups and I got through another uninspired meal. Did I mention that my house is a disgusting mess?.......I need to clean it now.

2 comments:

UNCLE AL said...

Dork...sodium kills!

Reanna said...

I didn't actually give them that particular salt ridden can of soup....